Page formatting - Letter v. A4

I am finding that some of my common reports are now extending a couple of lines onto a second page when formatted to “letter” size. They are fitting on a single page when formatted with “A4”.

Is there a setting to force printouts to fit better? I’m fairly certain this is something new, but don’t know if this is something I did or if it is a change in the way ClearCalcs creates pdf exports.

1 Like

Hi James,

Do you have any specific examples of reports where this issue is happening? If you can share one with me, we’ll be able to check it out and find a solution for you.

Can you access this project link below? At some point recently, ClearCalcs started defaulting to A4. Once I figured that out, and reset to letter, I noticed the formatting issue, like items 1 and 2 of 3 in this file. It’s a simple cantilevered floor joist, a single-span wood beam with cantilevers at each end, and one concrete pier calc.

I can send a copy of the printout if you can advise where to send that.

1 Like

I accessed the link and saw what you meant. I’m investigating how to prevent this from happening without removing values from it. I’ll update you here once I figure it out

1 Like

I think the main thing would be to do a “shrink to fit” for the graphs, and it may alleviate a lot of this… I think the graphs normally (for me) are extremely space-inefficient, and might be the source of most of your problem.