Unit Conversion

I’m currently working on a project that requires the use of both Imperial and Metric units. It would be extremely beneficial to have a feature that allows toggling between single and dual unit display. Ideally, we could designate a primary unit system (e.g., Metric) with the secondary system (e.g., Imperial) shown alongside in parentheses, or vice versa.

Our work frequently involves both unit systems, so having automatic conversions readily available and integrated into the calculations would significantly streamline our workflow. This feature would not only save time but also reduce the potential for conversion errors.

Thank you for the help!

Hey @Msouth thanks for the suggestion! I’m curious - where are your designs taking place? We do support both metric and imperial units for our US and Canada calculations. One restriction, which I imagine you might’ve noticed, is that we currently don’t let you switch units once you’ve created calculations in a project.

I’d be curious to understand more - could you perhaps tell me more about the last time you had to manually convert units from a ClearCalcs output?

Right now we have recently picked up a bunch of new projects in a few different countries. I personally am currently working on ones in Columbia, Morocco, Turkey, and England.

The unit conversion would mostly be beneficial because the lead engineers that are over me have an intuitive feel for imperial units but we need to send metric calculations to our client. So they are having me convert the outputs. Not a huge deal but I just thought it might be helpful.