How do you use load linking feature in ClearCalcs?

A few months ago we asked a few of power users how they are using the load linking feature in ClearCalcs, and we received some great tips on how to get started.

Here are some examples:

• “I usually start logically – first calc the roof load, then joists, joist collect to beams, then posts, then footings” - @Paul
  • The linking I primarily do is linking beam reactions as point loads on another member. I design the beam up top and then use the load linking tool to link the reaction to the beam below. - Andrew Martin

We’re curious to learn more from the ClearCalcs community:

Does load linking help you save time in your engineering tasks? We’d love to hear how you use load linking in your projects - share your thoughts by replying to this topic! :point_down:t4:

Load linking is a tremendous time saver, I wouldn’t want to add up all the time that it saves.

3 Likes

Load linking is an indespensible feature when designing multi-story houses. Not only does it save time and effort, but it also preserves my sanity when working on very large houses. Tracking loads manually not only took far longer, but it took another level of effort that I often don’t have the ability to maintain when multi-tasking.

Thank you for your feedback here, @Brent and @WilsonEngineers!

I love hearing about the time-saving benefit and how effortless it makes you in your workflow when you have more important priorities to focus on other than copy-pasting!